Saturday, September 13, 2008

The Long Night Continues

Jeffrey stepped right into the role of head of the family. Marie was comforting me and I had to go tell Rachel. She had just gone to bed. I went in her room and just said, "Rachel something is wrong with dad and it doesn't look good." She wanted to know what that meant so I preceded to tell her what I knew. Good thing there are no houses around ours because she ran outside and screamed. I knew this would be hardest on her. Jeffrey went out to console her and I just stood there trying to figure out what to do. At the moment my head was on straight. It was midnight now but I still called a few people and was able to reach our friends the Oliver's. They came over immediately. We sat and cried together and tried to figure out what to do. The ferries were all down for the night so we couldn't get back to Redmond.
It is so hard to figure out what to do when you are still trying to understand everything that is happening. I made a few calls and sent out a few e-mails. We packed and then decided to catch the first ferry at 4:45 am. This left us time to sit, think and talk. It was kind of surreal.
Meanwhile, in Redmond a group of about 5 friends where at the house with the police and EMT's. They were filling out reports as to why they were there and what happened. A computer on the table got bumped and that is when a letter popped up titled, "My Last Letter To You." That changed the process of investigation from natural or accidentally death to possible suicide.

No comments: