Thursday, September 11, 2008

A Few Odd Happenings

Sunday night, as usual when Mike was gone, he called to talk to us. I didn't find this strange but he did say he wanted to talk to each of the kids individually. That seemed normal enough. He talked to Marie about Ethan and Chris. Mike loved sitting on the floor and playing with his grandson Ethan. Then he talked to Jeffrey about college and Rachel about her summer plans. When I finally talked to him things seemed normal. He was able to stay very calm and happy while talking to us. I didn't suspect a thing. I found out later that in his day timer he had written "D-day" by Sunday June 29 12:00pm. It was about 10:30 when he called.
When I got up the next morning I saw an e-mail posted at 4am from Mike with a note about checking the deposit in the bank. It was the normal day for him to put in $300 for a few weeks groceries. When I looked online, it was posted as $3000. I thought someone made an error with the extra zero, so I called Mike but couldn't reach him. We were also getting ready to buy some stuff for the new house so I thought maybe he put in extra money for that. I tried to call and check he didn't answer. I figured he was either out working on a car or with a client.
Sometime that afternoon, I felt like something was wrong. I told Marie but I just couldn't put my finger on what it was. Call it a spiritual prompting, gut feeling, intuition, or whatever, I felt like something was wrong and I didn't know what, who or where.

No comments: