Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Didn't Expect That

I was showing our exchange student some family videos of Marie and Rachel singing and she asked if Jeffrey sang. I said yes then found the graduation CD we had from 2004. He sang at graduation so I looked for it. On the CD Mike represented the school parent board and said a few words then handed out awards. Rachel sat frozen. I just listened to his voice for the first time in 8 months. It was . . . well let's just say a lot of emotions were flying around. Kind of hard.
Today I went to an exercise class and broke the one and only Valentine necklace Mike ever gave me. Normally he would try to give us all a card, candy, or balloon if he was feeling good. In fact he was better with Valentine's Day then Christmas, our anniversary, my birthday or any other special day. With Valentine's Day this week, we are not off to a good start in the emotions department.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I can still remember his voice perfectly in my head. I can hear his laugh, his genuine one, and the one he used when he wasn't really laughing.

I miss dad...

Sorry about your necklace :(

Otter Mum's Den said...

I am so grateful for the one and only recording I have of my favorite grandma's voice. I found a few years back I had forgotten what she sounded like, then, my mom shared this with me. Hugs to you and Rachel and Jeffrey and Marie. Is the necklace fixable?

Grace Marie said...

Yes, I broke the chain. It was a fine gold chain. I bought another one that is dainty but stronger. It has matching earrings. It is a red heart ruby with a little fake diamond above the heart. For that matter the ruby may be fake too! Not that it matters.

Super Angie Супер Энджи said...

What a blessing it is that you have this recording. I'm sorry about your necklace.

May God hold you this weekend extra long!