Sunday, May 3, 2009

A 28th Wedding Anniversary I Will Never Forget


I spent May 1st, staying busy. I took some May Day flowers to friends and then went to the theatre to paint & help out. I tried to keep busy and not think about the fact that it would have been my 28th wedding anniversary. I succeeded in keeping busy which isn't hard when you are involved in a theatre production that opens in a week! I was trying to keep busy because today would have been my 28th anniversary if my husband was still alive...
By the time we got home it was a little after 11pm. A few of the boys came to our house with pizza and we chatted a bit. As I walked by my hallway, I noticed that my bedroom door at the end was shut and my light was on. It made me a little nervous since I knew I hadn't been in there. I called out to the kids asking them if anyone had been in my room and there was silence. I thought something was unusual about all this, so I went to check it out. I opened my door to find a bouquet of flowers by my bed and papers on my bed in the shape of a big heart. One was place in the middle and simply said, "read me first." As I opened it I read, "Mommy! You didn't think I'd really forget your 28th anniversary did you?!? I hope today wasn't too hard. Here are 28 letters from 28 people who love you dearly. So many people love and appreciate you. I know daddy loves you still and is watching over you. Our family is forever." Rachel
You can imagine tears flowed as I read the expressions of love and kind words from 28 of the wonderful youth in our area. Some know me from church and some from the high school. There were even a few youth that heard about it later and wanted to add a letter. I can't express how my heart was touched by their words. They turned a day that could have been dificult into one of the most cherished days of my life. I love the youth and the wonderful parents that are raising them. You have touched my life forever.

4 comments:

Super Angie Супер Энджи said...

What a beautiful day. What a beautiful daughter Rachel is. And what a beautiful woman you are Grace!

Happy anniversary!

Unknown said...

Rachel completely blows me away sometimes. The amazing young woman she has become and the potential she has astounds me. I am so blessed to have her as my sister!

I'm so glad and grateful that she and the other kids did this for you. I'm also glad that you have a wonderful memory to add to your other anniversary memories.

Love you tons and miss you tons,
Marie

Janice said...

ahh Grace, you made me cry! what neat kids and what a special daughter you have!!!! happy 28th anniversary, a little late:)

Connie said...

Grace, what a wonderful gift. You are well-loved.